Job-Opening at the Research Society of International Law
The Research Society of International Law, Pakistan (RSIL) invites applications for the position of Research Associate at its Office in Islamabad.
Read Before Applying
|Job Title||Research Associate|
(Masters in International Law or related fields will be given preference)
University Degree in Law is essential
(Applicants with Post graduate studies in International Law will be given preference)
(Applicants with one year of litigation experience will be given preference)
|DEADLINE:||21st August 2017|
The Research Associate, under the overall supervision of the President, Executive Director and Divisional heads and under technical guidance from the Communications Team, shall ensure the satisfactory planning, execution of ALL core Research Society of International Law activities.
Furthermore, the Research Associate is expected to:
- Conduct Research on areas of National and International Law
- Assist in the drafting of legal documents, such as:
- Legal Memoranda
- Research Papers
- Academic Articles
- Prepare any other written materials as required by individual assignments
- Liaise with the RSIL Communications Department for the efficient completion of assignments
- Prepare and give multimedia presentations as required by assignments
- Conduct events as required by contractual obligations, the RSIL annual calendar and / or as directed by the President, Executive Director or the Divisional Heads of RSIL
- Represent RSIL in client and stakeholder interactions
- Represent RSIL at National and International, conferences, workshops, meetings, working group sessions etc.
- Cooperate and collaborate with RSIL’s sister law-firm ABS & Co.
- Cooperate and collaborate with both RSIL and ABS & Co. offices in Lahore
- Provide internal input as required by the President, Executive Director or the Divisional Heads of RSIL
A successful applicant for this position must:
- Demonstrate good skills and relevant knowledge of the Pakistani legal system and must ensure that this knowledge is frequently updated.
- Work collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results;
- encourage cooperation and builds a rapport;
- accept joint responsibility for the team’s successes and shortcomings.
- Identify conflicts in a timely manner and addresses them as necessary;
- understands issues from the perspective of others;
- Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens.
- Produces effective written communications. Adapts communication style and written content to ensure they are appropriately and accurately understood by the audience (e.g., power-point presentations, communication strategies, implementation plans).
- Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective and constructive way. Uses criticism as a developmental opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes. Prioritizes work; acts proactively; works independently to produce high quality results.
- Adapts and responds positively to change.
- University degree in Law. Post graduate studies in International Law or related fields will be an additional advantage.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible professional work experience.
- Ability to work effectively with government counterparts, UN agencies and other partners under stressful situations
- Fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of a regional language is an asset
- Analytical and Communication skills
- Appropriate computer skills – particularly in Microsoft office: Word, Power-Point and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
APPLICATION FORM FOR JOB & INTERNSHIP
RSIL’s continued success depends on the exceptional research and support personnel it attracts. Our team prides itself on being at the cutting-edge of legal research in Pakistan. We seek highly talented and driven individuals who possess a sense of duty to Pakistan to serve as Fellows, Associates, and Interns at the organization. If you would like to apply for a position at RSIL, please use the form below.