FATF Plenary Update – March 2022
This brief discusses the results of latest FATF Plenary held between February-March 2022, as well as the outstanding areas that are required for Pakistan to address as well as next steps for Pakistan once all Action Plan points are completed. In addition, it also highlights the FATF’s functioning as an institution of global governance, particularly its evolving role given its recent stance on states with nascent conflicts in Afghanistan and Russia.
RSIL’s previous work on FATF:
- Sanctioning Afghanistan via the FATF and Possible Repercussions for Pakistan
- FATF Plenary Update – October 2021
- Measuring Pakistan’s Technical Compliance with FATF Recommendations
- Analyzing Pakistan’s Compliance on the FATF Action Plan
- Mapping Pakistan’s Compliance with FATF Recommendations